Leg Arterial Sonogram
Leg arterial sonogram is to determine whether your leg symptoms are caused by a blockage in your leg artery.
Common indications of leg artery sonogram
- Intermittent claudication: pain, aching, cramping, heavy or tired legs that are caused by exercise and relieved by rest
- Leg pain or discomfort at rest
- Sores (Ulcers) or gangrene in the foot
- When a physician cannot feel a pulse on your legs or feet or pulse is abnormally weak
- Abnormal ABI (Ankle Brachial Index) and PVR (Pulse Volume Recording)
How to prepare for a leg artery sonogram:
No special preparation is needed for a leg sonogram.
Duration of leg artery sonogram: